How to say Thank You in Cantonese
A phrase you use in English many times a day is Thank you.
There is 2 ways to say thanks in Cantonese, depending on whether someone is helping you, or whether they are giving you a gift. Note that when you make a purchase in a shop or restaurant, that is considered helping, as you are paying for the good or service.
- Thank you. (when someone helps you) 唔該. M̀h’gōi.
- Thank you. (when someone gives you a gift) 多謝 Dōjeh.
Mh’goi is the phrase used the most, in day to day transactions.
This is Lesson 1 type of stuff of course.
Thanks for the clarification from the Cantonese Phrasebook.
And here’s a video to reinforce the point:
- tantsy reblogged this from cantotraining and added:
- uptightcrankyshadownet likes this
- tvblover reblogged this from everythingcantonese
- lokasplash likes this
- bingo-a likes this
- mashedstuff reblogged this from everythingcantonese
- cmui likes this
- thelittlerocker likes this
- everythingcantonese reblogged this from cantotraining
- cantotraining posted this